Rebuilding Network Preferences on Snow Leopard
These steps will rebuild your Network preferences.
Please write down any special network settings you may have.
Print or download these instructions to your Mac so you can easily reference these steps.
1. Unplug BearExtender’s USB cable
2. Open your hard drive icon from the desktop
3. Go to Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration
4. Move "preferences.plist" to the trash. Do not empty the trash.
5. Apple Menu > Log Out
6. Log back in
7. Plug in BearExtender's USB cable
8. A pop up will notify you that a new Network Interface has been detected. Click "Network Preferences..."
9. Click “Location” and select "Edit Location"
10. Click the "+" button and give your current location a name, such as "Home"
11. Click on “802.11n WLAN” on the left side bar
12. Click “Apply”
13. Go to BearExtender Wireless Utility and connect to network
14. After a few moments, you should get a green light in Network Preferences
15. Open your Web browser and try loading a page